Crisis Management Training
Crisis management plans are important, but even more critical is the ability of your people to manage a crisis. So developing crisis management skills through crisis management training, and confidence through crisis exercises and crisis simulations must be part of your crisis management planning.
In its 2011 Reputation Review, Oxford Metrica revealed that the biggest losers in the aftermath of a crisis were those which either “delayed communication responses or failed to respond entirely” – in other words, their crisis communication strategy failed. Experience shows that it is only by committing to a thorough crisis training programme and developing crisis communication plans that organisations can be sure to respond quickly and appropriately.
As a recent client said, “the true value of the crisis management training was demonstrated just 24 hours later when an incident occurred and the skills and thought processes rehearsed in the training were applied for real”.
Insignia Communications has delivered crisis management training globally to thousands of executives across many different business types.
Insignia’s crisis management training, testing and rehearsal capabilities include:
- Front-line crisis media training – giving receptionists, switchboard operators and security guards the skills to deal with the media and protect your reputation when crisis strikes
- Desktop exercises – facilitated walk throughs of your crisis management plan to ensure the crisis team understands and is able to apply it
- Crisis simulations – realistic, inter-active crisis exercises to test and train your crisis management team and crisis communication plan under pressure
- Social media simulations – our life-like online crisis management training tool allows you to gain experience of managing a social media crisis in a safe environment
- Crisis media training – our crisis communication expertise plus the experience of working journalists give your spokespeople the skills and confidence to succeed in a crisis
- Crisis communication workshop – a crisis management masterclass outlining best practice and latest insights for reputation protection
- Crisis team building – tailored crisis management training sessions to give your crisis management team the leadership, crisis communication strategy, teamwork and decision-making skills they need in a crisis
A crisis tests the abilities of your team to the full: crisis management training gives them the knowledge, experience and practice to succeed under pressure.